The Reading Program Volunteer will provide appropriate lessons and activities for young children to develop reading skills. This is a great opportunity to help children with their reading skills and developing a familiarity with great classiscs that you once enjoyed as a youth.
- Willing to support the mission of FACETS.
- Use positive behavior management in dealing both with children and volunteers.
- Assist elementary school students in reading selected books in groups and
- facilitating discussion questions.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Passion for working with children, especially in an educational and developmental
- Knowledge in current social services, homeless, and housing issues and
- methods/approaches to address issues.
- Flexibility and ability to frequently change priorities.
- Positive and professional attitude and demeanor.
- Self-reliant problem solver and team player.
- Literacy / Reading
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour a week for an entire school year
- (Ongoing) Female Models Needed -...
- Ongoing- Front Desk Volunteers...
- Volunteer Photographer
- (Inactive) Lead an exercise...
- (Ongoing) Volunteer Drivers...
- Ongoing - Computer Lab Volunteers
- (Ongoing) Help children in...
- Case Management Intern
- (Ongoing) ESL Instructor Volunteer
- (Inactive) Pantry Volunteer at...
- (Ongoing) ECD Volunteer Tutors
- (Ongoing) Be an inspiring mentor!
- (Ongoing- Van Maintenance...
- Volunteer Services Internship
- (Ongoing) Front Desk Volunteer...
- (Ongoing) Male Models Needed!...
- (Ongoing) Community Development...
- (Inactive) Summer Intern -...
- (Ongoing) Be a Reading group...