The Reading Program Volunteer will provide appropriate lessons and activities for young children to develop reading skills. This is a great opportunity to help children with their reading skills and developing a familiarity with great classiscs that you once enjoyed as a youth.
- Willing to support the mission of FACETS.
- Use positive behavior management in dealing both with children and volunteers.
- Assist elementary school students in reading selected books in groups and
- facilitating discussion questions.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Passion for working with children, especially in an educational and developmental
- Knowledge in current social services, homeless, and housing issues and
- methods/approaches to address issues.
- Flexibility and ability to frequently change priorities.
- Positive and professional attitude and demeanor.
- Self-reliant problem solver and team player.
- Literacy / Reading
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour a week for an entire school year
- Van Maintenance Volunteers
- Front Desk Volunteer - Alexandria
- Front Desk Volunteers (Fairfax)
- Male Models Needed! Boys Group...
- Volunteer Photographer
- Community Development Intern
- Help children in Centreville,...
- ESL Instructor Volunteer
- Be a Reading group leader in...
- Tutor a child in Math, Science,...