1 person is interested
Disaster Shelter: Health Worker- Kauai
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
The mission of the Health Services team is to provide health-related services and secure resources to meet the health needs of people affected by disaster. Episodic Health Services volunteers are state licensed professionals in the health field.
- Shelter Health Service Worker
- 18yrs +
- Speaks English
- Willing to work 5 shifts in a 2week period (4, 6, 8, 12 hr options available)
- Current unencumbered license in Hawaii: Must provide license number.
- No time commitment required on a regular basis
- Episodic volunteers are asked to make themselves available during larger local disasters, which many require extended volunteer hours over a short period of time.
- Episodic volunteers are asked to participate a minimum of one time per year in a disaster response, drill or training class.
Safety First! Our need for volunteers is constant and our guidelines reflect the latest CDC safety recommendations and follow the national and local government laws. COVID-19 vaccination is strongly encouraged and is required for in-person volunteer roles.
About American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
4155 Diamond Head Road, Honolulu, HI 96816, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
4485 Pahe'e StreetSuite 145Lihue, HI 96766
November 3, 2022
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Response
- Mental Health
- First Aid / CPR
- Case Work / Management
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- During a disaster response only. Willing to work 5 shifts in a 2 week period (4, 6, 8, 12 hr options available) when shelters are open.
- Must be able to complete the 6hrs of online training in a timely manner. Reliable computer and internet access for training is needed. Must be responsive when we reach out.