Disaster Shelter: Health Worker (Kauai. Hana, and North Hawaii)
American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
The mission of the Health Services activity is to provide health-related services and secure resources to meet the health needs of people affected by disaster. Episodic Health Services volunteers are state licensed professionals in the health field.
OPEN TIME DAYS
- No time commitment required on a regular basis
- Episodic volunteers are asked to make themselves available during larger local disasters, which many require extended volunteer hours over a short period of time.
- Episodic volunteers are asked to particpate a minimum of one time per year in a disaster reponse, drill or training class.
- Orientation to American Red Cross
- Disaster Services: An Overview
- Health Services Response
- Serving Clients with Functional and Access Needs in Shelters strongly recommended
About American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
4155 Diamond Head Road, Honolulu, HI 96816, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.