Volunteers In Police Services
47 people are interested
Since September 11, 2001, the demands on state and local law enforcement have increased dramatically. And in this time of economic upheaval, resources are at a premium. The already limited budget of these agencies are being stretched further than ever, at a time when the country needs every available officer out on the beat. In many jurisdictions around the country, an exciting effort is underway. Citizens who have the time to volunteer in the community have offered their services to law enforcement agencies. This enables sworn officers to spend more time patrolling the streets. The roles of our VIPS range from clerical tasks, to special events, citizen patrol and numerous other activities.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Turlock Police Department
244 N. Broadway, Turlock, CA 95380, US
The Turlock Police Department’s Volunteer in Police Service (VIPS) Program is affiliated with the National Volunteers in Police Service Program, a division of Citizens Corps and a part of Homeland Security. The mission is to provide assistance to the police department and to the citizens of our community in the spirit of volunteerism.
The intent of Volunteers in Police Service (VIPS) is to provide:
- "Extra Eyes and Ears" - High visibility, crime prevention patrols to observe and report while exercising high standards of safety. Operations also include assisting officers, vacation house checks, graffiti patrols, extra patrols, traffic control, Emergency Call Outs, and special events duties.
- "Helping Hands" - Administrative assistance at the police department working on specific tasks of temporary or permanent duration.
The purpose of the Turlock Volunteers in Police Services is to unite volunteers and Turlock Police Department staff for the following reasons:
- To provide an environment for citizens to develop a sense of fulfillment and personal pride as they challenge themselves to "make a difference" in their community.
- Form a mutual partnership whereby volunteers supplement existing departmental services, freeing paid staff to perform other necessary duties.
- Place volunteers in projects which best utilize their existing skills, talents and interests while offering a rewarding challenge, and in some cases, new skills.
We'll work with your schedule.
244 N. BroadwayTurlock, CA 95380
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 10 hours per month
- Good character and good moral habits