Mission: To save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease
Objective: Members of the Greater Philadelphia Events Planning Committee will play a significant role in assisting the American Lung Association with creating educational and meaningful events to support life-saving campaigns. Members will have the opportunity to assist with the Radnor Run, Fight for Air Climb and LUNG FORCE Walk.
Meetings: Meetings can be attended via tele-conference. They will be held once a month for (1) hour beginning in January.
Involvement: Minimum commitment of 12 months
- Provide input to the American Lung Association to ensure the continued success of the greater Philadelphia area events.
- Lend support to the event planning process, ensuring the events are well-coordinated, and aiding in organizing and overseeing event-day logistics.
- Solicit and secure in-kind donations from local businesses. Things you may be asked to secure include, but are not limited to: cases of water, granola bars, prizes, etc.
- Attend and volunteer at 1-2 events per year to help with logistics, including set-up and clean-up at the events.
- Raise awareness and enhance attendance for the events.
- Help with team development, including recruiting new teams for the events as well as aiding the teams with their own recruitment and fundraising efforts.
- Recruit and coordinate additional volunteers for the day of the events.
- Help recruit and identify Lung Heroes.
- Support Women’s Lung Health Week by contacting local organizations and businesses throughout Greater Philadelphia and encouraging them to illuminate their buildings turquoise.
Philadelphia Fight for Air Climb - Saturday, March 25, 2017
Newark Fight for Air Climb - Saturday, April 8, 2017
Lehigh Valley LUNG FORCE Walk - Saturday, April 29, 2017
Philadelphia LUNG FORCE Walk - Saturday, May 13, 2015
New Jersey LUNG FORCE Walk - Saturday, May 20, 2017
Radnor Run - TBD
Interested individuals please reach out to Kelsey Kichline;
email@example.com or 610-941-9595 ext 410.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment