Best Buddies is a non-profit organization dedicated to fostering friendships between individuals with and without intellectual and developmental disabilites (IDD). We work to help promote inclusion for all people. The Friendship Walk is an annual fundraiser and 5K meant to help raise funds for all our state programs.
We are looking for committee members to fill any of these roles, or simply help out with the walk in general.
- Logistics: Assist with reserving vendors, planning the show flow and event layout, oversee contracts.
- Volunteer Coordinator: Recruit volunteers, oversee volunteer RSVP list, assign volunteer roles, create volunteer posts on local social media sites, papers, etc. This is a volunteer powered event.
- Publicity Chair: Promote this event through social media, local papers/news outlets, distribute flyers, etc.
- Team Recruitment: Engage past walk teams, solicit new corporate and community teams, communicate with team captains regularly up until the event. Let's get as many walk teams out as possible to support!
- Donations: Solicit in-kind donations (ie: coffee, food, incentive prizes) for the day of the walk.
- Sponsorship: Help secure corporate, individual, and community sponsors.
- Mission/Community: Promote this event to local non-profit organizations and encourage them to come out and table at the event, plan mission-focused activities.
Committee members will be expected to attend meeting twice a month, beginning in January 2018, as well as attend our Friendship Walk on May 5th, 2018 in Shoreline Village
- Event Planning / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum of 2 meetings a month