We need tutors Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesdays in the mornings (8:30am-10:00am) and in the evenings (5:30pm- 6:30pm).
Computer Lab Tutors provide assistance to adult learners who are using Skills Tutor, a distance learning software. The lab offers a supportive environment for learners to practice a variety of skills needed to thrive in today’s world. Learners may be improving their skills in English, reading, or math. Computer Lab Tutors provide individualized assistance as learners complete online lessons using Skills Tutor software in a welcoming, self-paced lab environment.
- Open and close the Computer Skills Lab
- Communicate with the DL Coordinator about questions or issues that may arise
- Tutor adult learners and assist them in accessing appropriate online resources
- Assist learners in checking out laptops and headphones
- Track learner attendance
- Commit to a regular tutoring schedule
As a Computer Lab Tutor, you’ll gain:
- Teaching and tutoring skills
- Experience with persons from a variety of educational and cultural backgrounds
- Experience with online learning tools
- Job skills, resume enhancement, and networking opportunities within the community
- Knowledge that your efforts are helping others reach their life goals
- Excellent computer skills, including the ability to use the Internet, Windows, email, and type 30wpm.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate in an effective, supportive way with learners and other tutors
- Ability to work independently in a community computer lab
- Flexibility and patience
- Respect for differences in culture and learning styles
- Interest in adult education
- Comfort with Skills Tutor; training available
Training: Tutors attend an orientation session with the DL Coordinator, familiarize themselves with Skills Tutor curriculum online at home, and attend a 12-hr ESL pre-service. Additional training provided as needed.
Open Door Northeast 724 Lowry Ave NE, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55418
To apply, please contact: JennaRose Bondeson, DL Coordinator
Email: email@example.com Phone: 612-567-9095
Online Application: mnliteracy.org/volunteerapplication
- Adult Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Computer Science
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1- 1.5 hours per week
- Help adults gain essential...
- Help adults study for the GED!...
- Book Processing Project
- Teach English (ESL) to Your...
- Help adults learn English! Be a...
- Youthbuild Tutor
- Teach English (ESL) in North...
- Teach English to Immigrants and...
- Book Processing Volunteers
- Administrative and Coordinating...
- GED Tutors and Teachers needed...