Nursing Transporation Volunteer Charlie Norwood Veterans Medical Center
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
27 people are interested
Transportation Volunteer for Veterans at Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center Uptown and Downtown Divisions:
Purpose of Assignment: The Nursing Transportation Volunteer is responsible for helping unit staff provide patient centered care. Volunteer must provide a superior customer service experience for each patient. In this visible role, it is important that the volunteer maintains a positive attitude and professional appearance at all times. The volunteer reports to the Nurse Manager of the assigned unit.
· Greets each patient with a smile, call them by name, engage in conversation.
· Treats all patients, patient visitors and staff in a courteous, friendly and professional manner.
· Always looks out for patient safety.
· Transports patients to appointments as directed (volunteers cannot lift or transfer patients)
· Reports accidents and safety situations/concerns to the Nurse Manager.
· Assists Veterans during meals with serving trays by opening containers, cutting food and collecting trays
· Restock supply areas.
· Transports specimens to lab.
· Provides companionship
· Sit with patients who may be at risk for falls
· Accompany patients not requiring 1:1 /close observation to smoking area, canteen, etc.
· Deliver water/mail to patients
· Answer phones/take messages; assist visitors, answer patient call lights
· Fill patient pitchers with water/ice, provide extra cups and straws as needed
· Tidying up over bed tables especially prior to meal tray delivery
· Provide moistened washcloth for face and hand hygiene before meals
· Disinfecting work surfaces (countertops, wheelchairs, phones, and over bed tables) using appropriate disinfectant wipes
· Make rounds every 30 - 60 minutes
- Meal provided for volunteers working a 4 or more hour shift.
- Structured recognition/awards program
- Annual Flu Shot at no cost
- Eligible to join credit union
- Make tax-free purchases in Canteen store
About Augusta VA Medical Center
1 Freedom Way (119U), Voluntary Service Downtown Division, Augusta, GA 30904, US
To do all that we can for veterans.
The Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center is a two division medical center located in Augusta. We provide primary care, acute care, and long term care planning for our Veteran patients. Voluntary Service is all about volunteering, donations, and creating opportunities for all of us to give back and care for our Veterans. Whether you wish to volunteer or wish to donate materials or funding to benefit our Veterans, we are the place ot start. Our volunteer program covers all aspects of the Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center. We seek to create volunteer positions that are rewarding and purposeful for all volunteers. Veterans need and deserve the best we can give them. We stand ready to help you make a difference in the lives of our Veterans.
We'll work with your schedule.
Augusta VA Medical Center1 Freedom WayAugusta, GA 30904
- Veteran Care
- People 55+
- Shifts 8 a.m. – Noon, Noon – 4 p.m., 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. or negotiated. Volunteers can work one or more shifts per week as agreed upon with Nurse Manager/Voluntary Service office. This opportunity is available 7 days a week.
- Volunteer Training/Orientation