West Valley Community Services (WVCS*) is looking for volunteers that are able to comfortably translate for our non-english speaking clients.
Volunteer translators should be able to assist with both verbal and written translations.It is important to have a great group of volunteer translators to ensure the clients are comfortable and knowledgeable when accessing our services.
- volunteers may be asked to translate verbal communication and english documents into the requested languages and vice versa.
- We are looking for volunteers who can translate in Farsi, Vietnamese, Spanish, Russian,Arabic,Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese) and others languages.
This volunteer position is on an "as needed" basis. If approved as a volunteer, you would most likely be contacted via phone or email with about 2 weeks notice of an upcoming appointment to see if you are available to translate.
- West Valley Community Services (WVCS) is a basic needs organization that serves people in need in the Cupertino, Los Gatos, Monte Sereno, Saratoga, and West San Jose areas. The mission of WVCS is to encourage the sharing of community resources, to provide basic human needs in a caring and dignified environment, and to provide opportunities for volunteers to participate in WVCS' activities.
- People Skills
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Once a month.