Translator/Interpreter (as needed basis)
110 people are interested
West Valley Community Services (WVCS*) is looking for volunteers that are able to comfortably translate for our non-english speaking clients.
Volunteer translators should be able to assist with both verbal and written translations.It is important to have a great group of volunteer translators to ensure the clients are comfortable and knowledgeable when accessing our services.
- volunteers may be asked to translate verbal communication and English documents into the requested languages and vice versa.
- We are looking for volunteers who can translate in Farsi, Vietnamese, Spanish, Russian, Arabic,Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese) and others languages.
This volunteer position is on an "as needed" basis. If approved as a volunteer, you would most likely be contacted via phone or email with about 2 weeks notice of an upcoming appointment to see if you are available to translate.
- West Valley Community Services (WVCS) is a basic needs organization that serves people in need in the Cupertino, Los Gatos, Monte Sereno, Saratoga, and West San Jose areas. The mission of WVCS is to encourage the sharing of community resources, to provide basic human needs in a caring and dignified environment, and to provide opportunities for volunteers to participate in WVCS' activities.
About West Valley Community Services
10104 Vista Drive, Cupertino, CA 95014, US
Our mission is to unite the community to fight hunger and homelessness. Our vision is a community where every person has food on the table and every person has a roof over their head. Our work is fueled by five core values: compassion, dignity, integrity, service, and diversity.
About West Valley Community Services:
West Valley Community Services, Inc. is a non-profit, community-based agency that has been providing direct assistance and referral services to the west valley communities of Santa Clara County for 45 years. Founded in 1973, West Valley Community Services provides a continuum of basic needs, family support services, and housing services including information and referrals, food pantry, transitional housing, affordable housing, financial assistance, family support, and case management services. West Valley Community Services serves the west valley communities of Cupertino, Saratoga, West San Jose, Los Gatos, Monte Sereno, and the surrounding mountain regions.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday: 8 am to 12 pm, 1 pm to 5 pm
Tuesday: 8 am to 12 pm, 1 pm to 8 pm
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
We'll work with your schedule.
West Valley Community Services10104 Vista DriveCupertino, CA 95014
- People Skills
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Once a month.