Open Shifts: Mondays and Thursdays. A few hours between 10am and 2pm.
Volunteer Office Assistants may perform a variety of tasks depending on project deadlines in the Meals at Home office. The primary responsibility of the Office Assistant is to provide client and volunteer support over the phone. Additional duties include making follow up calls, data entry, preparing mailings, filing, and other administrative tasks as assigned by the Volunteer Coordinator, Program Coordinator and Executive Director. The Office Volunteer may occasionally fill in for a Meal Delivery Volunteer as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop knowledge of Meals at Home’s programs and resources.
- Represent Meals at Home and support the mission through quality customer service.
- Demonstrate problem solving and critical thinking in a high-volume call setting.
- Special projects
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of Meals at Home volunteers, partners, and donors.
- Computer skills are desired, but not necessary.
- Be courteous and personable when dealing with the public.
- Be self-directed, willing to take initiative, and detail-oriented.
- Must present a professional appearance and a friendly manner.
- 3-4 hours per week, one day per week. May be able to accommodate once a month on a Monday or Thursday.
IF YOU DON'T RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM US, PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM OR CALL US AT (847) 332-2678. WE ALWAYS RESPOND TO VOLUNTEER REQUESTS. THANKS!
Meals at Home fosters health and contributes to individual well-being and independence by delivering nutritious meals, medically prescribed diets, and providing other supportive services to the homebound, elderly, disabled, and others temporarily unable to care for their nutritional needs.
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Veteran Care
- Data Entry
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 to 4 hours between 10am-2pm Monday or Thursday