Are you looking to get your furry friend involved in the community? Hillcrest Hospice Care is looking for you! Companionship with pets comforts hospice patients and enhances their end of life.
Pet therapy is known to lower blood pressure, heart rate, and stress. It also helps on an emotional level to decrease anxiety and depression. Alzheimer's and Dementia patients greatly benefit from pet therapy as it reduces unwanted behaviors and calms agitation.
- Pet and owner are a certified Pet Therapy Team
- Animal Therapy
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- Administrative Health Volunteers...
- Chair Exercise/Movement Leader
- Bereavement Administrative...
- Hillcrest Hospice Care seeking...
- Hillcrest Physical Therapy...
- Bingo Callers
- Volunteer as a Family
- Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteer...
- Donate your Special Talents to...
- No One Dies Alone - On Call...
- Looking to get your youth...
- Hillcrest Companionship Volunteers
- Beauty Salon Volunteer