Are you looking to get your furry friend involved in the community? Hillcrest Hospice Care is looking for you! Companionship with pets comforts hospice patients and enhances their end of life care on many different levels.
Pet visitation is known to lower blood pressure, heart rate, and stress. It also helps on an emotional level to decrease anxiety and depression. Alzheimer's and Dementia patients greatly benefit from pet therapy as it reduces unwanted behaviors and calms agitation.
- Pet must be up to date on immunizations and have history of good health and behavior
- Orientation - We provide!!
- Continueing Education - We provide!!
- Animal Therapy
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- Elder care
- Bereavement Support
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- What are your talents? ...
- Manicures Wanted
- After School/Evening Volunteers...
- Administrative Health Volunteers...
- Manicures-Hillcrest Health...
- Chair Exercise/Movement Leader
- Give the best gift of all--your...
- Bereavement Volunteer
- Pet Visitation Volunteers Needed
- Day Volunteers Needed to Assist...
- Piano Players Needed
- Bingo Callers
- Volunteer as a Family
- Pet Visitation-Hillcrest Health...
- Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteer...
- Cosmetologist for Hospice Patients
- Donate your Special Talents to...
- No One Dies Alone - On Call...
- Looking for Volunteer...