Are you looking to get your furry friend involved in the community? Hillcrest Hospice Care is looking for you! Companionship with pets comforts hospice patients and enhances their end of life care on many different levels.
Pet therapy is known to lower blood pressure, heart rate, and stress. It also helps on an emotional level to decrease anxiety and depression. Alzheimer's and Dementia patients greatly benefit from pet therapy as it reduces unwanted behaviors and calms agitation.
- Pet and owner are a certified Pet Therapy Team - We can assist in lining you up with a local certification group.
- Orientation - We provide!!
- Continueing Education - We provide!!
- Animal Therapy
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- Elder care
- Bereavement Support
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Administrative Health Volunteers...
- Chair Exercise/Movement Leader
- Bereavement Administrative...
- Calling all Pet Therapy Volunteers
- Hillcrest Physical Therapy...
- Bingo Callers
- Volunteer as a Family
- Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteer...
- Donate your Special Talents to...
- No One Dies Alone - On Call...
- Looking to get your youth...
- Hillcrest Companionship Volunteers
- Beauty Salon Volunteer