Senior Peer Counseling Volunteer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WherePennock Center for Counseling211 S. 21st Ave.Brighton, CO 80601
Pennock Center for Counseling in Brighton Launches New Program:
Pennock Center is excited to announce the beginning of our new Senior Peer Counseling Program. This is an outreach program designed to utilize screened, trained and supervised senior volunteers (ages 55 and older) who will be matched with seniors who have a counseling need. Many seniors experience challenges due to life changes, declining health, loneliness, isolation, loss of independence, relocation, depression, anxiety or loss of spouse and friends. Senior volunteers make a commitment to weekly contact with seniors in need in the Brighton area and to regular group supervision time with other senior volunteers. Volunteers need no specific education, but use their life experience, compassion and listening skills to assist seniors in need. We are soliciting interested volunteers at this time and plan to begin the training process this September. If you are interested or know someone who may be interested in making a difference in someone's life, please contact Jody Pierce at the center at 303-655-9065, Ext. 9, or Tom Rapp with RSVP 303-955-6609.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Adams County Community Garden...
- Meals On Wheels Driver
- Meal Pickup/Delivery for Sr. Hub...
- Brighton 27J and Adams 1, 12,...
- Vets Helping Vets
- Meals On Wheels Driver West...
- Respite Care Program, Senior...
- Meals on Wheels Drivers for...
- A Break for Caregivers
- Adult Day Service Volunteer
- Men's Group Leader Sr. Hub Adult...
- Senior Peer Counseling Volunteer
- Butterfly Pavilion Volunteer
- Food Pantry Scheduler and...
- Senior Peer Counseling
- Recycling Events Team Member
- Meals on Wheels Delivery Senior...
- Adams County Food Banks
- Care Management Assistant
- Totes of Hope Food Volunteer