Totes of Hope Food Volunteer
WhenSun Nov 15, 2015 09:30 AM - Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:30 AM
WhereAdams 12 Education Support Center1500 E. 128th Ave.Thornton, CO 80241
Volunteer for the Adams 12 Totes of Hope Program-This program helps to alleviate child hunger by providing nutritional support over the weekend and during school holidays to children who are either homeless or from low-income families facing food insecurity. They get a 9-10 lb. backpack which typically includes: breakfast items, fruit, vegetables, entrees and healthy snacks. Food Bank of the Rockies generously donates food for the backpacks. Children at a number of Adams 12 schools serving homeless children and children from low-income families will be helped. Volunteers will meet twice a month on Wednesday mornings between 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. to pack the backpacks. Location: Adams 12 Education Support Center at 1500 E. 128 th Ave. in Thornton. Several packing teams of 7-8 persons are needed to ensure that 1,750 backpacks are filled each session. RSVP is helping to coordinate volunteers. For more information and to volunteer contact Tom Rapp at 303-955-6609.
- Crisis Intervention
- Child Welfare
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours on two Wednesday mornings per month
- Adams County Community Garden...
- Meals On Wheels Driver
- Meal Pickup/Delivery for Sr. Hub...
- Brighton 27J and Adams 1, 12,...
- Vets Helping Vets
- Meals On Wheels Driver West...
- Respite Care Program, Senior...
- A Break for Caregivers
- Adult Day Service Volunteer
- Senior Peer Counseling Volunteer
- Disaster Preparedness Speaker Team
- Food Pantry Scheduler and...
- Senior TAX Preparers - Western...
- Senior Peer Counseling
- Recycling Events Team Member
- Adams County Food Banks
- Care Management Assistant
- Totes of Hope Food Volunteer
- Adams 12 Five Star Student...