Totes of Hope Food Volunteer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereAdams 12 Education Support Center1500 E. 128th Ave.Thornton, CO 80241
Volunteer for the Adams 12 Totes of Hope Program-This program helps to alleviate child hunger by providing nutritional support over the weekend and during school holidays to children who are either homeless or from low-income families facing food insecurity. They get a 9-10 lb. backpack which typically includes: breakfast items, fruit, vegetables, entrees and healthy snacks. Food Bank of the Rockies generously donates food for the backpacks. Children at a number of Adams 12 schools serving homeless children and children from low-income families will be helped. Volunteers will meet twice a month on Wednesday mornings between 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. to pack the backpacks. Location: Adams 12 Education Support Center at 1500 E. 128 th Ave. in Thornton. Several packing teams of 7-8 persons are needed to ensure that 1,750 backpacks are filled each session. RSVP is helping to coordinate volunteers. For more information and to volunteer contact Tom Rapp at 303-955-6609.
- Crisis Intervention
- Child Welfare
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours on two Wednesday mornings per month
- Adams County Community Garden...
- Hunger Free Colorado Community...
- Meals On Wheels Driver
- Meal Pickup/Delivery for Sr. Hub...
- Brighton 27J and Adams 1, 12,...
- Vets Helping Vets
- Meals On Wheels Driver West...
- Respite Care Program, Senior...
- Meals on Wheels Drivers for...
- A Break for Caregivers
- Adult Day Service Volunteer
- Men's Group Leader Sr. Hub Adult...
- Homecare Volunteer - Senior Hub
- Butterfly Pavilion Volunteer
- Senior TAX Preparers - Western...
- Recycling Events Team Member
- Meals on Wheels Delivery Senior...
- Adams County Food Banks
- Care Management Assistant
- Totes of Hope Food Volunteer