Event Coordinator Internship
DONATE TO THIS
11 people are interested
About the Organization
The mission of Girls on the Run of the Bay Area: is to inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident through an experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. We partner with schools to offer the program in San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, and San Mateo counties. Founded in 2002, Girls on the Run of the Bay Area is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and an Independent Council of Girls on the Run International, which is based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Girls on the Run of the Bay Area launched its first program in fall 2002 with five girls. Today, over 1400 girls participate in our programs each year and we continue to add new program sites throughout the Bay Area. The programs culminate in a semi-annual celebratory event open to the community, the Girls on the Run 5K.
Girl on the Run of the Bay Area seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist with event planning efforts. This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual interested in learning more about nonprofit fundraising and event planning. The internship offers exciting hands-on experience and the opportunity to gain new skills.
- Assist in ensuring proactive planning, communication and scheduling of 3 major fundraising events: Girls on the Run 5K (May 2019), annual gala (April 2019), networking events and other small fundraisers.
- Manage event registration (update guest registration, seating information and related data entry)
- Assist with solicitation of silent auction prizes and in-kind donations
- Secure equipment and rentals as needed, set-up, tear-down, and help with coordination of overall event execution
- Attend, contribute and take minutes at 5K and Gala committee meetings
- Help drive marking to ensure successful events
- Prepare logistical documents for all vendors
- Prepare post event evaluations
- Form trusting and productive working relationships with staff, volunteers and sponsors of Girls on the Run of the Bay Area
- Serve as a role model, exhibiting Girls on the Run core values and working to help achieve our mission
- All other duties assigned by supervisor and in line with your internship goals.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably with an interest in non-profit development, administration or event planning
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with volunteers, staff, sponsors and community contacts
- Self-motivated, exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Firm grasp of Microsoft Word, Excel and available tools and platforms in social media
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends. Must be present at the Girls on the Run 5K and Annual Gala and be able to work at the office leading up to the event and the week after.
- Ability to carry 30 lbs. would be a plus, but not required
- Related experience in fundraising or event planning is a plus
- Personal passion for the mission of Girls on the Run and willingness to be a role model for health and self-esteem.
Start Date: Position open until filled, minimum 3 month commitment required. Preference will be giving to applicants that can commit for a longer period of time. The ideal candidate will be available from February 1 to May 10, 2019.
Hours: 8 - 12 hours a week + extended hours around events as your schedule fits. Interns must fulfill their hours within our regular office hours: Monday - Friday, 9am to 6pm.
Location: San Francisco’s Mission District, adjacent to the 16 th Street BART and several bus lines.
Reports to: Frances Lee, Development Manager
Email Frances Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org), Development Manager, with a resume and cover letter. Information about your availability and any internship or volunteer hour requirements you have is appreciated. Applicants are accepted on a rolling basis until the positions are filled.
3543 18th St. #31San Francisco, CA 94110
- 8 to 12 hours per week with preference to interns who can commit to 3+ months.