Calling all volunteers with an interest in GIS and a passion for the environment! Twice a year, volunteer teams work along the San Diego River, using GPS tracking, to document the presence such things as trash, storm water debris and invasive species in Santee. This information is vital for planning the next six months of river clean ups and plant removal. No experience necessary and all supplies will be provided.
This event has multiple shift options. PLEASE INCLUDE IN YOUR SIGN UP WHICH SHIFT(S) YOU WOULD LIKE TO VOLUNTEER FOR. Here are your shift options:
Saturday, April 1st:
9 am - noon
1 - 3 pm
Sunday, April 2nd
This is a wonderful hands-on opportunity and a great way to make a difference for the future of the river and surrounding area. All data collected will be used to help in the effort to restore our river back to a healthy state. Due to the nature of the work, we cannot accept volunteers under 14 years of age for this event.
For more info and to RSVP, call 619.297.7380 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Community service hours can be verified.
- Habitat Restoration
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 3 hours
- Learn about and monitor San...
- Creek to Bay River Cleanup -...
- Receptionist/Greeter for...
- RiverBlitz Field Science -...
- Coastal Habitat Restoration Event
- Community Outreach Leader
- RiverBlitz Field Science - Santee
- RiverBlitz Field Science --...
- Friend of Point Loma Native...
- Volunteer at the San Diego River...