Passionate about mental health? Looking to help a dynamic community organization with innovative services? The Mental Health Association in Passaic County is seeking qualififed individuals with a background in fundraising, finances, and marketing. Board meetings are usually held on the fourth Monday evening of the month.
MHAPC Board of Directors Job Description:
- Have a willingness to secure financial support for the organization.
- Be an advocate for the organization and its mission within the community.
- Serve on at least one board committee.
- Provide personal financial support to the agency.
- Attend monthly board meetings. Stays informed about board matters, prepares themselves well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Volunteer for and willingly accept assignments and complete them thoroughly and on time.
- Assist with the identification, cultivation and recruitment of potential new Board members.
- Participate actively in MHAPC fundraising and donor cultivation events and educational programs, etc.
- Monitor and evaluate the job performance of the Executive Director.
- Govern the organization and ensure adequate financial resources and stability.
- Be an ambassador for the organization in the community and serve with dignity and professionalism.
- Get to know other board members and build a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
- Is an active participant in the board’s annual evaluation and planning efforts.
- Strategic Planning
- Mental Health
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5 to 10 hours per month