The International Volunteer Teachers (IVTs) collaborate with Malawian teachers and H.E.L.P. Malawi staff to create a superior learning environment for primary school students. They improve our students' lives, learn a new culture, contribute directly to international development, and undergo transformative personal growth. IVTs are responsible for teaching English (after-school), assisting his/her assigned co-teacher in a specific standard during the day, and evaluating and mentoring the students.
1. Teach ESL and other selected courses to primary school students
2. Co-teaching the English Activity Class after school
3. Act as a positive, culturally-sensitive, responsible role model for the students
The IVT will have a shared bedroom in the International Volunteer House at H.E.L.P. Malawi's main primary school. The house has running water, a refrigerator, shower, and electricity (solar). The toilet is a private outhouse solely for the use of H.E.L.P. Malawi volunteers. IVTs must be self insured for emergency medical coverage. H.E.L.P. Malawi will cover visas and/or permit fees.
- Literacy / Reading
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Three (3) months