H.E.L.P. Malawi is currently searching for International Volunteers to join our international volunteer teachers program at Nanthomba Primary School. Whether you are a fully qualified teacher, in training, or even unqualified but looking to gain experience in the classroom, you are welcome to join in our volunteer program in rural southern Malawi.
- Tutor small groups of learners in English (ESL) throughout the school day at Nanthomba Primary School!
- Partner with a government teacher to ensure students are receiving the best education possible in the classroom.
- Co-teach the after-school English Activity Class and other activities offered at the school.
- Live within the local community to experience the life and beauty of Malawi!
- Long-term placements available January-March, April-July, and September-December that coincide with the academic school year terms.
International Volunteer Program offerings:
- Experience of life in a rural community in Africa and life-changing cross-cultural experiences!
- NO FEE for joining us - you just fund your own trip and international travel insurance (required)
- Long and short-term volunteer placements, catered toward your needs and availability
- Opportunities for secondary and special interest programs/projects
- Housing provided (max 4 volunteers) with running water and solar electricity
- Airport pick-up and full orientation included in addition to on-site support
- Successful applicants must have excellent communication skills, flexibility, at least two years of college education, previous teaching or relevant volunteer experience and a great sense of humor and self-motivation!
- 3+ month commitment
- Literacy / Reading
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Kids People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- 3+ months