173 people are interested
Supervisor: Helpline Manager Position Summary:
Information and Referral Helpline volunteers will offer information and treatment options to callers and answer basic questions regarding body image and eating disorders in a caring and compassionate manner. This position is a great learning opportunity and involves a minimum of 15 hours of training.
1. Information and Referral Services:
- Provide positive, respectful and timely responses regarding eating disorder information requests via incoming phone calls, voicemail messages, emails, forums, instant messages, and social media sites under Helpline responsibility.
- Ensure the distribution of Helpline information and treatment options in a timely manner that fits the needs of the individual and is presented in a professional manner.
- Compose general letters of response for information requests.
- Develop skills related to database management.
- Increase knowledge and understanding concerning eating disorders and how to appropriately support those affected by them.
- When deemed appropriate by the Helpline Supervisor, serve as a mentor in the training of newer Helpline volunteers and interns.
- Contribute to the association’s mission of eliminating eating disorders and body dissatisfaction.
2. Program Duties:
- Assist Program department staff with ongoing educational and outreach projects.
- High energy, positive attitude, and enthusiasm.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to provide quality customer service.
- Strong computer skills, data entry and word-processing ability.
- Must be dependable and self-motivated.
- Able to work effectively as an individual and as part of a team.
- Recovery is important to us here at NEDA. We require that applicants with personal experience who are interested in getting involved with the National Eating Disorders Association have two years of strong recovery due to the intense and triggering nature of this position.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
165 West 46th StreetNew York, NY 10036
- Mental Health
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Suggested minimum of 4 hours per shift
- High energy, positive attitude, and enthusiasm