Education is the most sustainable way in which VINcan positively change public health. We needinternational volunteers and interns to work in rural communities, spreading public healthawareness to women’s groups, youth groups and schools, with the support of local volunteers and translators.
One of the major barriers towards improved levels of health, sanitation and hygiene in Nepal’s rural communities is the lack of awareness among local populations of health, sanitation and hygiene. Many community members are illiterate and this has prevented them understanding and adopting proper hygiene and safety methods in their day to day lives.
Read more on: https://www.volunteersinitiativenepal.org/public-health-program/health-sanitation-hygiene-education/
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Adventure and Volunteer Program
- Journalism Program
- Children’s Life Skills...
- Working for Street Children
- Yoga Volunteer
- Teaching the Deaf
- Youth Empowerment Program
- Teach Arts and Crafts
- Climate Change Research
- Health, Sanitation & Hygiene...
- Water Research
- Teacher Development
- Youth Club and Life Skills
- Teach English in Buddhist...
- Microcredit Cooperative Support
- Public Interest Program
- Education, Rights and Life Skills
- English and Career Development
- Income Generation & Marketing