Be a part of a group of volunteers who are empowering middle and high school age students through fitness here in Atlanta!
Role of a FitWit Club Mentor:
Mentors help build the community aspect of the club, making sure the students feel connected and engaged. Mentors serve as role models and encouragers to all the members while present by joining in and working out alongside of the students. FitWit Club mentors will be matched with 3-4 students to maintain in close contact with over the semester primarily by sending a weekly email/text/phone call to check in, see how they are and remind them about club meetings/events. We do not ask mentors to meet up with their students outside of FitWit Club.
In addition to building relationships with the students and community within each club, mentors may be asked to assist the Coach and Advisor with various tasks such as setting up, taking attendance, take photos, etc. at each club session. Each club meets for 1 hour, between 3:30-6:00 (exact times and days vary by school).
Fall semester operates Late August- Early December.FitWit Club Mentor requirements:
* Be able to commit to attend a minimum of 1 club meeting (workout)/week for the fall semester.
* Attend a 2 hour orientation held mid-August
* Possess a desire to empower youth in ways that will carry with them into their adult life.
* Ability to pass a Background Check
* Reliable transportation and communication tool
* Be able to participate in moderate level of exercise
* Experience working with teens is a plus, but not required.
Please fill out the included application to become a FitWit Club Mentor: http://tinyurl.com/jvf7m25
You may contact us (email@example.com) with any questions - we have plenty of ways you can be involved.
- Physical Education
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training