VIN aims to bring Yoga to Nepal. Yoga c ould give the underprivileged people of Nepal a bet ter life that comes from within, aw ay from the challenges and changes taking place on the outside. Inspired by the positive impact Project Air ( www.projectair.org ) has had on victims of war crimes and rape in Rwanda VIN believes that making Yoga available to the poor and marginalised communities of Nepal would be an invaluable gift to support positive change.Yoga is all about harmonizing the body with the mind and breath through the means of various breathing techniques, Yoga postures and meditation.
VIN seeks certified Yoga practitione rs and intermediate to advanced students to join us from around the world. Our Yoga volunteers will be assigned a VIN project area - Jitpur Phedi community, one of our partner Buddhist monasteries or an orphanage in the Kathmandu Valley - where safe, clean room space will be provided from which you can teach Yoga .
Please read more on: https://www.volunteersinitiativenepal.org/teaching-program/yoga-volunteer/
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Adventure and Volunteer Program
- Journalism Program
- Children’s Life Skills...
- Working for Street Children
- Yoga Volunteer
- Teaching the Deaf
- Youth Empowerment Program
- Teach Arts and Crafts
- Climate Change Research
- Health, Sanitation & Hygiene...
- Water Research
- Teacher Development
- Youth Club and Life Skills
- Teach English in Buddhist...
- Microcredit Cooperative Support
- Public Interest Program
- Education, Rights and Life Skills
- English and Career Development
- Income Generation & Marketing