Hospice Volunteers Needed: Milford-Orange
37 people are interested
Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care is looking for caring and compassionate individuals who are willing to give of their time to help patients and families dealing with terminal illness.
The following is some basic information about a few of the volunteer opportunities within our organization.
* Patient care volunteers-Offer companionship, a calming presence and relief care. Reading, reminiscing, looking through photo albums and light conversation with our patients and families.
* Spiritual care volunteers-Provide a compassionate spiritual presence through poetry, special readings, prayer and meditation. May also support our growing bereavement team needs.
* Office or administrative care volunteers-Support the many different administrative roles in the office. Helping with filing, mailings, packets, medical supply stock and other special projects. During office hours of course.
* Veteran to Veteran volunteers-Visiting with those who have served in the United States Armed Forces. Sharing "war stories", life review or veteran’s history project, and replacing of lost medals.
* Musical companion volunteers-Partnering with our Music Therapist or support services team to provide music that brings enjoyment, a positive well- being and is life enriching.
* Complementary Therapy Volunteers- Those who practice Reiki, Yoga, Therapeutic Touch, Massage or aroma therapy. Must be licensed and/or certified within your specific area.
* Loyal Friends pet team- Bring fury smiles to our patients and families through our animal assisted visitation and companionship team. Handlers must join our volunteer program. Pets must be registered/certified with Pet Partners, TDI, or other accredited therapy dog association.
Companionship, friendly visits, spiritual and emotional support are only a small portion of what our trained Hospice volunteers provide on a daily basis. Caregiver relief and advocacy are also very important.
Comprehensive volunteer orientation and training is required and provided free of charge. As a member of our Hospice Interdisciplinary team, ongoing support and education opportunities are also available.
The time commitment for volunteering is flexible and based on individual availability. Most correspondence can be done by phone, mail or email, eliminating the need to come to the offices on a regular basis. Seasons Hospice and Palliative Care serves most of Connecticut. That means that volunteers serve close to home or work.
Should you or someone you know be interested in Volunteering or Interning with Seasons Hospice and Palliative Care please visit http://www.seasons.org/page/Volunteering or contact me at email@example.com 203-490-1155. Many patients and families are forever changed by their hospice volunteer. I would be honored to speak to about our Hospice organization. Sincerely, Karen Hale, Volunteer Services
About Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care
1579 Straits Turnpike, Unit 1-E, Middlebury, CT 06762, US
Honoring Life Offering Hope
Our Vision is to:
- recognize that individuals and families are the true experts in their own care;
- support our staff so they can put our patients and families first;
- find creative solutions which add quality to life;
- strive for excellence beyond accepted standards;
- increase the community's awareness of hospice as part of the continuum of care.
Giving Meaning to Every Minute
In every life situation we have a choice as to how we react. At no time is this more profound than in facing the end of life or the death of a loved one.
These months, days, weeks and moments can be among life's most precious - and that is precisely the reason that Seasons Hospice exists. We will do everything in our power to ease pain and provide physical and emotional comfort and support for our patients and their families and friends.
Support When You Need It Most
Seasons Hospice is a community-based organization with an ongoing mission to find creative solutions that add quality to end-of-life care. The caregivers at Seasons Hospice hold steadfast to the patient/family focus of hospice care.
We recognize that individuals and families are the experts in their own care, and we continuously strive for excellence beyond accepted standards.
We are born into a world of comfort, warmth and love, and it our belief that we should all leave this world in the same way. To further that goal, we work with communities to increase the awareness of hospice as part of the continuum of care.
Our Promise to You
People facing a terminal condition often express the same concerns. They worry about pain and fear abandonment. To ease these universal apprehensions, Seasons Hospice makes two promises to our patients and their families.
We promise to enhance the quality of time by ensuring that neither pain nor declining symptoms will diminish the character of a patient’s remaining days, weeks or months.
The second promise we make to our patients and families is that they will not feel alone.
Seasons Hospice engenders hope in the lives of its patients and their family members. We are here for you.
We'll work with your schedule.
Various Locationsnear your home or officeMilford, CT 06461
- Hospice Care
- Music Therapy
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Veteran Care
- Bereavement Support
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per month