VIN is seeking experienced volunteers to work with the elderly in Nepal and pass on their knowledge to local people. Your knowledge will be vital in creating a stronger care system for the future. Volunteers who have no experience but much enthusiasm are also welcom e. Dependent upon your experience, you will help to nurse sick elderly people, perform health checks, provide first aid, work as a care taker, assist with food preparation and sanitation and organise recreational activities.
During your placement you will live with a Nepali host family. This will enable you to become immersed in Nepali language and culture and experience the backdrop against which the elderly you care for have survived.
Read More on: https://www.volunteersinitiativenepal.org/public-health-program/care-for-the-elderly/?var1=summary
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Adventure and Volunteer Program
- Journalism Program
- Children’s Life Skills...
- Working for Street Children
- Yoga Volunteer
- Teaching the Deaf
- Youth Empowerment Program
- Teach Arts and Crafts
- Climate Change Research
- Health, Sanitation & Hygiene...
- Water Research
- Teacher Development
- Youth Club and Life Skills
- Teach English in Buddhist...
- Microcredit Cooperative Support
- Public Interest Program
- Education, Rights and Life Skills
- English and Career Development
- Income Generation & Marketing