JerseySTEM is an all volunteers grassroots non-profit agency dedicated to bridging the Innovation Gap, the Opportunity Gap and the Gender Gap in STEM education. We provide free of charge after-school, project-based, hands-on, team structures programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math to underserved students in New Jersey. Classes include: Robotics, Coding, Engineering, Life Sciences, etc. and are focused on kids grade 5-8. The programs last 10 weeks and are taught predominantly by volunteer college students that we recruit, train, transport and mentor as they donate 2 hours/week to the program.
ChathamSTEM is seeking mentors/coaches to assist a Technology teacher in building a high school robotics team. Commitment involves once a week 6pm-8pm (Fridays) or 9am-12pm (Saturdays) chaperoning of students building Robots at the Chatham High School.
- Website Programming
- Mechanical Engineering
- Math / Science Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- STEM Speaker Series coordinator
- Executive Assistant to the Board...
- Development: Corporate...
- Academic Director
- Community Manager (Newark, NJ)
- Mentoring program coordinator
- App Inventor Coach
- Development: Retail Stores...
- Public Relations for a Community...
- Computer Science Education...
- Google Apps/Calendar support
- Coach/Mentor Engineering...
- Content Writer
- Development: Sponsors Development
- Organizational Chart maintenance
- Development: NationBuilder and...
- Community Manager (Elizabeth, NJ)
- Morris County Site Lead