Guest Curators (Volunteer)
14 people are interested
The Guest Curator will work with an exhibition team consisting of the exhibition director, exhibition assistants and exhibition designer, constituting the exhibition team. Approximately 10 hours a week is needed to create a contemporary art exhibition with a purpose that is fun, entertaining and meaningful yet still provide a strong learning environment. Exhibitions include: "The Waste Land on Earth", "Visionary Women: Champions of Peace & Nonviolence" and "Address Unknown: Traces of Hope." The responsibilities include:* Recommend educational storylines.
* Recommend the exhibition title and subtitle that captures the essence of the exhibition.
* Prepare a curator's statement of approximately 150 words. This is not an artist's statement, but can include artist’s quotes and ideas.
* Prepare a shorter version of the curator's statement for the press release (approximately 50-75 words)
* Organize the narrative biography of the artist(s) for the press release
* Prepare a narrative biography of the exhibition team for the press release
* Write a 1-2 sentence summary of the exhibition for the postcard
* Write the artwork labels that identifies the individual artwork (artist, title, media, dimensions, price) and a short interpretative statement about the artwork, if applicable
* Make suggestions for art installation and design
* Assist with the installation
* Assist in putting the entire exhibition with images on-line
* Prepare a printed exhibition program or catalogue that includes the curator's statement, art images, all artist statements and a price list.
We'll work with your schedule.
320 Washington StreetSuite 200Brighton, MA 02135
- Exhibition Arts
- Visual Arts
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 10-12 hours per month
- Your own laptop