Volunteer & Donations Assistant Coordinator
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1730 W Greenleaf AveChicago, IL 60626
The Ethiopian Community Association of Chicago’s volunteer program has been essential to the agency since its inception in 2009. The program currently places nearly 150 volunteers and interns per year in a number of programs including Refugee Resettlement, ESL Education, Youth Services, Employment Services, and several other areas. The Volunteer & Donations Coordinator ensures the smooth operation of the volunteer program and plays a key role in the development of the organization as a whole.
The Volunteer & Donations Assistant Coordinator:
(1) Recruits volunteers via online marketing and community outreach;
(2) Communicates with potential volunteers & processes volunteer applications;
(3) Conducts volunteer interviews & orientations, makes placement decisions;
(4) Provides ongoing support to active volunteers;
(5) Plans and organizes for appropriate recognition & thanks for volunteers;
(6) Completes monthly reports, regularly updates database, and provides program evaluation;
(7) Organizes donation pick-ups and drop-offs;
(8) Tracks donations in the database & sends thank you letters & receipts to donors;
(9) Organizes the donation storage area with the help of volunteers;
(10) Completes other related duties and special projects as needed.
- Data Entry
- Donor Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 8-12 hours per week