WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where1684 Brownswood RoadJohns Island, SC 29455
Primary responsibility: Help staff connect with individuals and businesses in the community to donate auction items, become a sponsor, be an in-kind donor or attend the auction.
* Available on January 28, 2017.
* Auction planning begins in July.
* Attends monthly in-person meetings start in August or September
* Works closely with auction volunteers and Our Lady of Mercy Community Outreach staff between meetings
* Communicate via email on a daily basis
* Prior fundraising and auction experience is helpful but not required
* Approve draft of a letter demonstrating the need for funds, promoting the auction and OLMCO
* Recruit additional in-kind donors and sponsors
* Recruit auction sub-committee chairpersons
* Invite new attendees to the auction
* The week before the auction requires intense preparation
* Assist staff in making decisions
To learn more, come to one of our orientations either the third Friday of the month downtown at 77 America st at 11:00, or the fourth Thursday of every month on Johns Island at 1684 Brownswood rd. at 10:00.
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Monthly meetings, plus solicitation
- Great organizational skills