Together we can do more. Volunteer for our two-day bike event with a friend, a colleague, a family member, or with a group and help to end MS forever. The ride will begin and end at the University of New England, Biddeford campus. Rides are on Saturday, August 12 and Sunday, August 13. Volunteers also needed on Friday, August 11 from 4-8pm for pre-registration and early check-in.
Choose one, two or all three days.
Volunteers are needed to help with:
- Volunteer check-in * welcome our volunteers, have them complete volunteer consent forms, and give them their volunteer packet.
- Registration and rider check-in * welcome our cyclists, provide route cards, check-in packets and accept participants donations.
- Rest stops * set-up and man a rest stops along the route (great for groups/families/etc.).
- Medical assistance * if you're an EMT, RN, LPN, First Responder we would love your help with basic first aid.
- Communications * ham radio operators needed to monitor the route.
- Massage therapists * needed to help tend to sore muscles (Saturday only).
- Start/Finish line cheerleaders * help us cheer for the riders when they begin and return from their journey.
- Route support * your car, our bike rack to help pick up cyclists who can't make it all the way back on their own.
- Rider check-back *confirm each cyclist as they return so we can ensure everyone made it back safely.
- Rest stop truck driver * someone strong who can drive to all rest stops and drop off supplies for rest stop volunteers - driver will also return to the rest stops to retrieve remaining supplies, tables and chairs, etc.
- Team and route photographer * take team photos and pictures of cyclists and volunteers on the route.
For more information or to register click on the 'I want to help' button or copy the link below:
Please contact Emily Christian with any questions at email@example.com. To learn more about multiple sclerosis or the Greater New England Chapter of the National MS Society please visit our website at www.MSnewengland.org.
Multiple sclerosis stops people from moving. We exist to make sure it doesn't. Help us end MS forever.
- People Skills
- Food Service
- Massage Therapy
- Truck Driving
- First Aid / CPR
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 10
- Orientation or Training
- Times apprx depend on volunt day(s) and asignmt(s)
- Under 14 must be w/adult; Some assignmt require background check, proof of license/cert