Thousands of adults and children in the greater Kansas City area lack affordable access to quality eye care and may not seek any help until it is too late and eye disease robs them of sight. One of our most relied upon senses is vision and it aids us in finding jobs, driving, reading the chalkboard, and absorbing our environment. Our caring team delivers free, comprehensive eye exams, eyeglasses, and ongoing care for chronic eye diseases for adults and children. We have saved people from going blind by detecting eye disease early on. We need volunteers to help us:
- 1) Anyone - to help organize and help with fundraising, staff our Saturday eye clinics for just 3 hours and help with check-in, check-out, and other administrative support, or help us daily from your home by answering phone calls and scheduling patients for our clinics.
- 2) Eye doctors, opticians, or techs - to staff our Saturday eye clinics for just 3 hours. Staffing these critical positions mean we can avoid turning patients away because of the need for our services and open more clinics.
- 3) Students - to manage clinics, organize support, and help with fundraisers. KC Free Eye Clinic was created by and is led by students of all backgrounds. We provide several leadership opportunities for students to get engaged in serving their communities. Help us plan parties and fundraising events, help out at vision screenings, or learn hands-on how to administer parts of an eye exam!
Please create your volunteer profile on our volunteer portal. It's quick, easy, and it helps us match the most interesting opportunities to your background. Click here: https://www.volunteermatters.net/vm/SelfRegister.do?owner=kcfreeeyeclinic
- Administrative Support
- Grant Writing / Research
- Web Design / UX
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours every 2 months (18 hours/year)