Drivers Needed for Neighbors Who Are Blind
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
Your Neighbor who is blind and needs to get back and forth to medical appointments during the work day needs your help. They might need you to fold and stow a walker or wheeler or a portable wheel chair to eliminate long walks. If you can walk them in/out of the doctor's office and wait to bring them home you will have done a great deed!
Requirements to be a great volunteer include:
- a desire to help others;
- a pleasant demeanor;
- a good reading/speaking voice;
- average reading skills;
- organizational or planning abilities;
- a good driving record;
- a clear criminal history;
- two references
- access to a car with proof of insurance;
- a minimum of $50/100k liability and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Volunteers will be matched within three to five miles of home or work.
We'll work with your schedule.
Your TownStatewide, CT 06037
- Elder care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training