Become a Mentor - Future for KIDS!
DONATE TO THIS
238 people are interested
'Discover Your Future’ is a mentor-driven, trauma-sensitive, program serving youth who face adversity. Volunteer impact:
- Form a bond with youth by serving as a mentor
- Enrich the lives of youth who face adversity through providing a consistent and caring relationship
- Work in small groups with elementary students grades 3-6
- Serve as a positive role model and promote resiliency
"You can see their confidence & strength growing each week... Seeing that light glowing within each child’s eyes could uplift anyone’s day... It especially did mine." - Zarinah
Specific Ways in which you will work with our KIDS:
- Facilitate ethics discussions on topics such as: honesty, forgiveness, responsibility, respect
- Assist small groups of youth with brain-stimulating academic activities (including STEAM activities)
- Read to youth and hold discussions
- Assist with fitness and athletic activities such as: football, obstacle courses, yoga, basketball...and many more!
The youth in our programs are hand selected and have experienced three or more Adverse Childhood Experience (ACEs). All mentors will be trained on how to create positive and trusting relationships prior to entering the field.
- Mentoring 2.5 hours, once a week for 13 or 26 weeks
- Phoenix, Tempe, Mesa, Guadalupe, Paradise Valley
- Program runs Monday through Wednesday at 8 different sites throughout the valley during the afterschool hours (Ranging from 2pm - 6:30pm)
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of program for an information brief.
- Complete one time Discover Your Future Training (4 hour duration).
'Discover Your Future’ Program Mission: Promote resiliency and confidence by providing them the opportunity to consistently interact with caring mentors in a structured program environment.
We'll work with your schedule.
Future for KIDS on site @ Boys & Girls Club TempeChange a life! Mentor Wednesdays 3:30 - 6:00 PM1555 N. Bridalwreath St.Tempe, AZ 85281
- Child Development
- Relationship Building
- Youth Services
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2.5 Hours/Once a week for 13 or 26 weeks
- Application & Interview