Thank you for your interest in empower middle school aged students, not involved in sports, through fitness.
FitWit Club Coaches are responsible for leading the club members through the prescribed daily lessons, involving a teambuilder, warm up, workout, and cool down. The FitWit Foundation provides a detailed outline for each club session, along with all necessary materials needed, so the time outside of club sessions is minimal. The FitWit Foundation requires all coaches to attend a Coach training. This role is a great leadership opportunity for someone who feels comfortable working out, demonstrating exercises, and instructing others.
Coaches play a big role in our FitWit Club programs. Their involvement has improved student attendance and participation in the clubs, thus more kids are developing a love for physical activity. Coaches bring stability and consistency when the school staff advisor gets pulled away to take care of school items on occasion. Studies show when kids are consistently physically active and feel as though they belong to a community, grades improve, drop-out rates decrease, and self-esteem rises. Your time will be contributing to these invaluable changes.
The FitWit Foundation will remains in close contact with the advisors and coaches throughout the semester. Each club meets for 1 hour; typically sometime between 3:30-5:30; 2 x/ week (exact times and days vary by school). Coaches are asked to be able to commit a minimum of 1 club session per week for the entire semester. We recommend any interested coaches unable to commit to this amount of time, consider being a Guest Instructor.
Spring semester operates Late Jan - Early May.
FitWit Club Coach Requirements and Qualifications:
- Be able to commit to attend a minimum of 1 club meeting (workout)/week for the fall semester.
- Ability to be creative and willigness to take on challenges.
- Postive Attitude
- Ability to lift 20lbs
- Attend the Coaches 1 day training
- Possess a desire to gain leadership experience and skills
- Possess a desire to empower youth in ways that will carry with them into their adult life.
- Completion the FitWit Club Coach application.
- Ability to pass a Background Check.
- Understanding of fitness and exercises
- Reliable transportation and communication tool
- Experience working with teens is a plus, but not required.
Please sign up to be a coach online at: https://goo.gl/forms/jLpJQHauKUrQ8RIw2
- Physical Education
- People Skills
- Fitness Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Sports Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- 1.5-2 hours per week for min of 12 weeks