Empower middle and high school age students, not involved in sports, through fitness.
As a FitWit Club Coach, you will be assigned to one school and will work closely with the school staff advisor. Coaches are responsible for leading the club members through the prescribed daily lesson. The FitWit Foundation provides a detailed outline for each club session, along with all necessary materials needed, so the time outside of club sessions is minimal. However, we also encourage coaches to include their personal ideas and personality to each club session in the way they feel will best suite the club members. Each club advisor and coach will be trained on how to instruct, manage, and deliver the club sessions with success. The FitWit Foundation provides clubs with additional volunteers to help recruiting students, building relationships, send reminders, and other daily logistics. The FitWit Foundation will remains in close contact with the advisors and coaches throughout the semester. Each club meets for 1 hour; typically sometime between 3:30-5:30; 2 x/ week (exact times and days vary by school).
Spring semester operates Late Jan - Early May.
As an incentive for our committed coaches, a $250 stipend will be granted for the completion of the program. The money will be awarded incrementally through out the semester. In addition to the stipend, we have also included social outings within the program. These various opportunities will allow you to network with other volunteers while also having some fun!
FitWit Club Coach Requirements and Qualifications:
- Be able to commit to attend a minimum of 1 club meeting (workout)/week for the fall semester.
- Ability to be creative and willigness to take on challenges.
- Postive Attitude
- Ability to lift 20lbs
- Attend the Coaches 1 day training
- Possess a desire to gain leadership experience and skills
- Possess a desire to empower youth in ways that will carry with them into their adult life.
- Completion the FitWit Club Coach application.
- Ability to pass a Background Check.
- Understanding of fitness and exercises
- Reliable transportation and communication tool
- Experience working with teens is a plus, but not required.
Please sign up to be a coach online at: http://tinyurl.com/j4h7rn4
- Physical Education
- People Skills
- Fitness Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- Sports Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training