Are you interested in getting involved as an educator while also expanding your own personal knowledge of marine life and ecosystems? At Save The Bay, we provide interns with the opportunity to work in the Exploration Center aquarium and educate the public about ocean ecology and wildlife while building a foundation for a career in marine biology and education. Education and Aquarist interns assist in all aspects of running the Exploration Center, including: visitor relations, programming, and animal husbandry. Save The Bay is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide education to the community about protecting and restoring the ecological health of the Narragansett Bay region.
What you will learn:
- Marine biology of Narragansett Bay Aquarium maintenance, and the care and feeding of the animals
- Hands-on environmental educational programming for school groups and visitors Promotion and outreach to local beaches, businesses and shopping areas
- Visitor relations: greeting visitors, taking admissions and selling merchandise
What we require:
- Work a minimum of 21 hours per week (summer) or 14 hours per week (fall/winter/spring) including one weekend day per week
- Undergo a criminal background check
- Enjoy working with children and have a strong interest in environmental education Have a strong interest in maintaining and cleaning aquarium tanks
- Interested in or have basic knowledge of small marine animal feeding techniques Creative, reliable, and flexible team member
- Reliable transportation Prompt arrival for shifts in uniform (provided by Save The Bay)
Details: We offer unpaid internship opportunities. This internship is offered year round with a rolling application process. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org and fill out our application in the following link for this internship or any others you are interested in. The application can also be found at www.savebay.org/volunteer under the Internships tab.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- 21 hrs/wk in Summer, 14/wk Spring and Fall
- Communications Internship - Save...
- South Coast Center Internship
- International Coastal Cleanup -...
- Save The Bay - South County...
- Save The Bay Development...
- Habitat Internship - Save The Bay
- Volunteer At A Hands-On Aquarium...
- Events Internship
- Volunteer Management Internship
- Education and Aquarist Internship
- Environmental Education Internship