Got Time? Got Heart? Volunteer as an Ombudsman in the Reno area
9 people are interested
The State of Nevada, Aging and Disability Services Division is looking for individuals to serve as volunteer long-term care ombudsmen in the Reno/Carson City area. As a volunteer ombudsman, volunteers advocate for residents in long-term care facilities by:
- providing residents information about their rights and available resources
- gathering factual information about resident's complaints
- assuring that resident's receive quality care and treatment from service providers.
We offer 12 hours of comprehensive classroom and field training to prepare volunteers to perform this important role.
If you care about seniors, and want to ensure they have a quality life in long-term care facilities, contact Marie Coe by phone at (775) 687-0823 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
We'll work with your schedule.
9670 Gateway Drive Suite 200Reno, NV 89521
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours weekly during State hours of operation
- State hours: Monday to Friday; 8 am to 5 pm