Waiting Room Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Mission Hospital
Please visit the new page to apply.
Role and Goal: Assist guests in family waiting rooms in order to meet their needs and provide an exceptional experience. They will serve as a resource person for patient families/visitors and as a liaison between visitors and staff, and seek to maintain a welcoming and supportive environment. What's Required: Must have excellent customer service and communication skills; exhibit a compassionate, caring and non-judgmental demeanor; demonstrate sound judgment while recognizing the boundaries of the role with minimal supervision after training. Shifts/Locations: Shifts vary between the hours of 7:00 a.m. - 9 p.m. Memorial and St. Joseph Campuses on Biltmore Avenue, Asheville Surgery Center (on Medical Park Drive just off of Sweeten Creek Road)
About Mission Hospital
509 Biltmore Avenue, Volunteer Services, Asheville, NC 28803, US
Our Mission is to improve the health of the people of western North Carolina and the surrounding region.
- Serve people as a not-for-profit health system governed by a voluntary community board.
- Ensure sustainability through stewardship of the community's assets.
- Provide quality services in a compassionate and cost-effective manner.
- Collaborate in order to improve access across the entire continuum of care.
- Promote wellness and health to benefit the community.
Our hospital is an 800 bed hospital with over 8,000 employees. Each day we strive to achieve our BIG(GER) Aim: to get each patient to the desired outcome, first without harm, also without waste and with an exceptional experience for the patient and family.
509 Biltmore AvenueVolunteer ServicesAsheville, NC 28801
August 10, 2022
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Four months or 70 hours
- Application, vaccine questionnaire and documentation, interview