It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Twin Cities AreaMinneapolis, MN 55419
The transport volunteer transports animals or supplies to and from vet, kennel, foster home, shelter, adoption events or other specified locations periodically.
- Transport foster pets assigned safely and comfortably and in a timely fashion to and from events or locations
- Transport animals to/from adoption events ("foster buddy")
- Time varies with each situation. All transports can be completed in one day, most within an hour or two.
- Must have own means of transportation that can comfortably accommodate foster pets and/or supplies
- Must hold a valid MN driver’s license and insurance
- Must have degree of comfort driving in Twin Cities and surrounding area -directions always provided
- Previous experience with companion animals required for transport of foster pets but not needed for supply transport
- Available for periodic calls for transport requests
- Those transporting animals will be provided training in the safe handling of animals in transport situations
- Transport requests are sent to volunteers in 2 ways:
- Posted on Pet Haven’s Volunteer Facebook Page
- Sent via email to transport volunteers with a "transport request form"
- If you are available to assist, respond to the post in the comments section OR respond via Facebook
Interested in applying? Find our volunteer application here: https://pethavenmn.org/volunteer/volunteer-application/
- Animal Care / Handling
- Bus/Van Driving
- Transportation Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Must have a valid Minnesota driver's license and insurance.
Report this opportunity