45 people are interested
The transport volunteer transports animals or supplies to and from vet, kennel, foster home, shelter, adoption events or other specified locations periodically.
- Transport foster pets assigned safely and comfortably and in a timely fashion to and from events or locations
- Transport animals to/from adoption events ("foster buddy")
- Time varies with each situation. All transports can be completed in one day, most within an hour or two.
- Must have own means of transportation that can comfortably accommodate foster pets and/or supplies
- Must hold a valid MN driver’s license and insurance
- Must have degree of comfort driving in Twin Cities and surrounding area -directions always provided
- Previous experience with companion animals required for transport of foster pets but not needed for supply transport
- Available for periodic calls for transport requests
- Those transporting animals will be provided training in the safe handling of animals in transport situations
- Transport requests are sent to volunteers in 2 ways:
- Posted on Pet Haven’s Volunteer Facebook Page
- Sent via email to transport volunteers with a "transport request form"
- If you are available to assist, respond to the post in the comments section OR respond via Facebook
Interested in applying? Find our volunteer application here: https://pethavenmn.org/volunteer/volunteer-application/
We'll work with your schedule.
Twin Cities AreaMinneapolis, MN 55419
- Animal Care / Handling
- Bus/Van Driving
- Transportation Management
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Must have a valid Minnesota driver's license and insurance.