Approximately 5 hours per week with additional time for events
Experienced volunteer with ability to assist, manage administration and logistics in a busy special events environment.
Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision.
The volunteer special event coordinator should have a love for special event management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers.
Event Planning and Production
- Gather information on each project to achieve quality event productions.
- Conduct research and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
- Create and revise room layouts for events.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean-up for events as necessary.
- Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Ability to work with multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- At least 3 years’ experience with office administrative management.
- At least 3 year experience coordinating special events with a proven track record of being able to execute special events.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and mail merges; email and web searches
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Words Needed
- Special Events Coordinator...
- Administrative Volunteer
- Museum Policy Coordinator Intern
- Communications/Marketing Volunteer
- Museum Store Volunteer
- Storytime Volunteer
- Book Lovers Care Club
- Guest Services " exhibits ready...
- Fun Meister!
- Champion Creativity in Children
- Educate the Next Einstein
- Volunteer Coordinator Assistant