Special Events Coordinator Volunteer
20 people are interested
Approximately 5 hours per week with additional time for events
Experienced volunteer with ability to assist, manage administration and logistics in a busy special events environment.
Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision.
The volunteer special event coordinator should have a love for special event management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers.
Event Planning and Production
- Gather information on each project to achieve quality event productions.
- Conduct research and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
- Create and revise room layouts for events.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean-up for events as necessary.
- Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Ability to work with multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- At least 3 years’ experience with office administrative management.
- At least 3 year experience coordinating special events with a proven track record of being able to execute special events.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and mail merges; email and web searches
About Imagine Children's Museum
1502 Wall Street, Everett, WA 98201, US
Imagine Children's Museum's mission is to make children's lives better by creating a place where they can playfully learn. The Museum Board, staff and volunteers are committed to providing a fertile environment for: (1) creative exploration and imaginative play; (2) building character and self-confidence; (3) installing a community connection; (4) learning experiences that spark curiosity; (5) developing interactive exhibits and programs; (6) reaching our to all children; (7) ensuring a safe and stimulating environment; (8) nurturing child-and-adult interaction.
The Museum offers hands-on, interactive exploratory learning opportunities that support social, emotional and cognitive development for children ages 1-12 years. It is a wholesome, secure, child-centered environment where children can discover, explore and imagine each at their natural pace. This non-competitive, nurturing environment helps children build self esteem and supports a sense of belonging. Exhibits and activities encourage adult-child interaction, and it is common to see inter-generational activates going on with three and four generations working together.
The Museum is free of stigmas sometimes associated with education, social service or government agencies. The lack of stigma and inexpensive admission make it possible to reach a very broad swath of Snohomish County's diverse community. Word of mouth advertising helps draw larger and larger numbers of visitors/clients.
Imagine Children's Museum has been recognized for our quality in programming and our excellence in community partnerships. Seattle Magazine named us their "Best Museum for Kids." We were chosen as one of
Nickelodeon's "Best Museum for Kids and Best Day Camps." And Evening Magazine Northwest Escapes voted us "Best Children's Entertainment."
We'll work with your schedule.
1502 Wall StreetEverett, WA 98201