AWARE Program Manager
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where615 South Frederick AveSuite 310BGaithersburg, MD 20877
General Description: The United Aid for Africa Foundation needs an individual to manage our AWARE Program (Africans Working to Address, Respond, and End Violence against Women). The individual would be responsible for overall management and execution of the program activities.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Conducting and/or reviewing needs assessment research.
- Writing to inform or to advertise the program.
- Working with volunteers in Ivory Coast.
- Coordinating delivery of school supplies to the locations.
- Helping to recruit community members to monitor the play area
- Working with other UAA staff on advertising the progress and outcomes of the program
- Managing the budget
- This volunteer position requires experience working on programs or projects in a non-profit setting. Program management experience is desirable.
Introduction of AWARE Program:
UAA is an international 501(c) charitable organization with a demographic focus on women and children across the African continent. One of UAA’s flagship projects is the Africans Working to Address, Respond, and End Violence against Women (AWARE) Campaign, which uses an innovative multi-pronged approach to target different segments of the population. We have many small goals, but one over-arching one: to change minds and attitudes throughout Africa about violence against women.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
More opportunities with UNITED AID for AFRICA. Let's help save the children and build a better tomorrow.
- IT Specialist
- Grant Writer (School Support...
- Press/ Social Media Outreach...
- Finance Manager
- Event Planner
- Excecutive Director
- Christmas Wishes Program Manager
- Event Planner (Fundraising)
- Volunteer Specialist
- Reseach Director
- Grant Writer (Christmas Wishes...
- AWARE Program Manager
- Marketing Specialist
- Event Planner
- Video Editor
- Staff Accountant
- Grant Writer
- Volunteer Manager