Grant Writer (School Support Program)
19 people are interested
General Description: S/He will be responsible for writing proposals for our School SupportProgram, and ensuring a smooth and successful proposal submission process, accurate recordkeeping, and results-oriented reporting for foundations, corporations, and government.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Work with finance to gather information necessary to report to funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grants reporting as required by donors.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for grants.
- Develop an understanding of organizational history and programs; collaborate with program and membership staff to develop and communicate programming needs, outcomes, and vision.
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Promote, support, and participate in the team goals of the fund development
Introduction of School Supply Program:
United Aid for Africa focuses a large part of its efforts on education. UAA believes that education is paramount in eliminating the poverty and day-to-day struggles faced in the villages. Children are eager to learn, but they don’t always have the resources. The goal for 2014 is to provide 4,000 school kits for children in Ivory Coast. With the kits and uniforms, children can go to school prepared, and their families can focus on providing food and shelter. But this can only happen with your help. Funds raised for these programs will have life-changing results for the children - and they deserve at least an opportunity.
33 More opportunities with UNITED AID for AFRICA. Let's help save the children and build a better tomorrow.1 Review
We'll work with your schedule.
615 South Frederick AveSuite 310BGaithersburg, MD 20877