Volunteer Blog Writer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
About this Opportunity:
Blog post will center around the Foster care system, those youth who are in the process of aging out and the obstacles they face. Post will serve as an online resource center for at risk youth.
Writers are responsible for researching topics and writing articles on a consistent basis. We are looking for writers who are able to produce creative, engaging, and thought-provoking pieces. This position offers excellent experience in both online publishing and the non-profit sector.
Work Type: Non-profit, Part-Time, Volunteer
Start Date: Immediately
Hours: emphasis on quality of work, not set hours
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research, write, and edit blog submissions
- Work with our staff to edit content and fact-check
- Create content within a designated time frame
- Attend bi-monthly staff meetings online or in person (1-2 hours in duration)
Interviews will be conducted with qualified applicants, either online, over the phone, or in person.
- Technical Writing
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18