- Are You a caring person looking for a meaningful experience?
- Do You think you could provide companionship for a patient, such as reading, journaling, playing cards, sharing hobbies, and relieving family members and friends?
- Do You have a special skill that can be used to provide comfort such as Pet Therapist, Massage Therapist, Beautician, or do you play a musical instrument?
- Could You support family members by sitting with and providing company to the patient so that the caregiver can take a much-needed break?
Kindred Hospice Volunteers provide friendly visits to patients with life-limiting illnesses so they can live out their days as fully and as comfortably as possible. Volunteer work is flexible and based on your availability; we are grateful for as much time as you can give.
Currently serving patients wherever they call home in Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Ocean, Somerset, Ocean & Union Counties.
Free screening and training is provided. Please contact Elaine Carlsen, Volunteer Coordinator at Elaine.Carlsen@gentiva.com or call 888-556-8880.
- Music Therapy
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Elder care
- Animal Therapy
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible hours; we work with your schedule.
- Musicians Needed
- Reiki Specialist
- Pt Pleasant: Friendly Visitor...
- Friendly Visitor Needed: Union...
- Teen Office Help
- Chatham area: Friendly Visitor...
- Pet Therapist: Monmouth County
- Vet-to-Vet Volunteer
- Friendly Visitors Needed:...
- Friendly Visitors Needed
- Sewers, Crafters: Make Memory...
- Friendly Visitor Needed: Morris...
- Hightstown: Friendly Visitor...
- Friendly Visitor Needed: Ocean...
- Morristown: Friendly Visitor...