What is a volunteer for hospice? It is an extra-ordinary person who wants to give of their time to those who are in need of attention and support from others. For some patients the journey is long and others only a short while, but regardless of the time frame, the needs can be overwhelming to a caregiver. Volunteering with hospice is an opportunity for you to help meet the needs of others by sharing with the patient and caregiver physically, emotionally and spiritually.
Caregivers are those who tirelessly care for their loved ones 24 hours a day. Volunteering will give the caregiver an opportunity to run errands, keep a doctor’s appointment or go to the grocery store. The gift of your time seems so little to give but to a caregiver it can be a gift from heaven. After training you will have the chance to help the patient and caregiver in any way you choose. You will be able to be part of a process that you unlikely will ever forget.
We will train you so you can walk into their homes with confidence knowing that the knowledge and experiences you have are just what the family needs. A gift so simple yet so truly worth sharing.
If you feel that you are that extra-ordinary person who could give others support and compassion please give us a call.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- One hour per week
- Memory Bears - Gifts of Love
- Hospice volunteering isn't for...
- Our Lenexa Hospice Office needs...
- Make appreciation baskets for...
- Special Relationships
- Hospice Volunteers Needed
- Teach others in the field of...
- Art Volunteers Needed
- Licensed Massage Therapist for...
- Hospice Volunteers are...
- Volunteer Coordinator Assistant!
- Human Kindness has Healing Power
- One stitch at a time
- Help Us in the Hospice Office!
- Grief Packets for Loved Ones
- Hospice "Tuck-in" Volunteer
- Laughter & Love = Great Hospice...
- Tuck-in our hospice patients...
- Hospice Office Administrative...
- Hospice volunteers are...