- Tamarisk is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit whose companion volunteers attend to non-medical needs and provide in-home support to those coping with the end stages of life-threatening illness as well as offering respite for caregivers, all at no cost to those we serve.
- Our desire is to acknowledge the inherent worth and dignity of the ill person, we believe in the quality of life up to the very last breath. Tamarisk has come alongside over 1000 families during the past 20 years.
- For an excellent overview of our mission, please visit our website www.tamarisk.org.
- We're looking for individuals with passion and commitment for our mission, whose skills and life experience will help inform our organization's course and contribute to Tamarisk's long-term viability.
- We are currently looking for board members with business/nonprofit leadership experience to round out our team, and who would be ready to begin knowing they will take on a leadership role as members transition.
- The board meets the 2nd Tuesday of every month from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. and for an extended annual meeting in October.
- Regularly attends monthly board meetings and annual meeting
- Make serious commitment to participate actively in committee work
- Capitalizes on networking, and makes use of vocational and avocational experiences and skills
- Serve as an ambassador for Tamarisk
- Participate in fund raising for the organization
- Commit to making personal financial contributions to the organization as befitting individual circumstances.
- Make a commitment to serve on the board for three years
- Business Analysis
- Strategic Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
- Resource Development / Management
- Business Development
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Willing to serve as a board member for 3 years
- attend monthly meetings and other Tamarisk events