Uplift VC - Ending Poverty One Family at a Time
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereContact: LSS Community Care Center for detailsThousand Oaks, CA 91360
Uplift VC helps motivated, low income individuals and families (called Protégés) reach greater economic stability by helping them identify their own resources and goals, learn how to take social action in their communities and build beneficial relationships with others. It is an evidence -based approach to fighting poverty at the individual and community levels that significantly decreases dependence on welfare, increases personal assets and increases income during participation.
What is an Ally?
Allies are community members who want to be in a supportive, intentional, befriending relationship with an individual or family working to get out of poverty. Allies are trained with the Protégés to help support them in their plans to get out of poverty.
The goals of Allies are to:
- Make an intentional friendship with a family or individual in poverty and join them in their quest to have enough relationships, resources and right thinking (or attitude) to support their life goals.
- Increase awareness of and learn from the differences in stereotypes, class rules, and biases that face Allies and Protégés alike.
- Use the experience of friendship with a family in poverty to advocate within the community for changes in system barriers and support changes that promote self-sufficiency.
If you are interested in this opportunity please contact us.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 8-12 hours/month depending on mentoring need
- Support LSS - Powershares QQQ...
- Employment Coach
- Intake Assistant
- Uplift VC - Ending Poverty One...
- LSS Overnight Shelter Chaperone
- An LSS Senior Thanksgiving
- LSS Walk To Fight Poverty
- Bring a smile to our office -...
- Food Pick Up
- Donation Procurement
- LSS Meal and Shelter Check In
- LSS Trick or Treat Trail