The Neighborhood House youth tutoring program provides a combination of homework help and fun, hands-on learning activities to students aged K-12th grade. Volunteers will work one-on-one with students, providing homework support, engaging in a variety of academic skill building activities and building relationships.
Program hours are Monday through Thursday, 3:30-7:30pm. Volunteers can choose their preferred schedule within these times.
- Ability to communicate with youth in a patient, respectful and kind manner.
- Must enjoy spending time with youth
- Experience working with diverse communities is a plus
- Must be available to make a reliable weekly commitment
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- General Education
- Child Development
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- minimum of 1.5 hours/week