Institute for Immigrant Concerns, a not-for-profit ESOL school for adult immigrants and refugees, started in 1997, is looking for ESOL instructors. Must have previous English teaching experience (whether domestic or abroad), certificate strongly preferred. Our students are all motivated and studious adults. Our program is more intellectual than the usual as well, leaving more room for the teachers to introduce their own ideas into the curriculum. The education director welcomes his teachers' opinions. We have a substantial emphasis on cross cultural awareness. This is the ideal position for retired teachers or students wanting to jumpstart their career in ESL teaching (we've had a fair bit of both in the past!).
Many of our students came to this country to escape persecution or harm in their original country and are trying to get a foothold in the US through our jobs program. They want to become citizens.
We are looking for ESL instructors who can teach Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6.00pm - 8.00pm.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Donna Kelsh at email@example.com and Mark Brik at firstname.lastname@example.org
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Adult Education
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- 4 hours per week
- Fundraising and Development Intern
- Technology PC Analyst - Review...
- Assist ESOL Teachers
- Chinese Speaking, Program...
- Japanese Speaking Program...
- ESOL Teachers for Adult Immigrants
- Korean Speaking Program Assistant
- Spanish Speaking, Program...
- French Speaking Program Assistant
- Bilingual Russian Adminsitrative...
- Marketing Assistant