Grant Writer (Christmas Wishes Program)
UNITED AID for AFRICA. Let's help save the children and build a better tomorrow.
General Description: S/He will be responsible for writing proposals for our Christmas Wishes project, and ensuring a smooth and successful proposal submission process, accurate recordkeeping, and results-oriented reporting for foundations, corporations, and government.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Work with finance to gather information necessary to report to funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grants reporting as required by donors.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for grants.
- Develop an understanding of organizational history and programs; collaborate with program and membership staff to develop and communicate programming needs, outcomes, and vision.
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Promote, support, and participate in the team goals of the fund development
Introduction of Christmas Wishes Program:
Every year, UAA hosts Christmas parties for orphans and needy children in Africa to provide them and their families with food and gifts. Throughout each year, children tell us their Christmas wishes and UAA helps make these wishes become reality.
Many of the children who participate in the Christmas wish program have experienced loss of family members, hunger and the dislocation and violence of war. Like children everywhere, their wishes are simple. They want the pleasure of hugging a new favorite toy, learning a new game or learning to read a book.
About UNITED AID for AFRICA. Let's help save the children and build a better tomorrow.
1629 K Street NW, WASHINGTON DC, DC 20008, US
United Aid for Africa (UAA-FOUNDATION INC.) 501 c (3) organization was established in 2009 in Washington DC with the aim to fight poverty in Africa. Primarily engaged in community improvement and social change, UAA's mission is to contribute to the Economical and Social development of Africa by promoting and expanding education efforts along with community development initiatives.
As an international charitable organization, the foundation demographic focuses are Children and Women. Yet, the organization strives to help children and Women across the African continent overcome all problems connected with poverty to become healthy, educated, self-sustaining and contributing members of society. This goal is achieved mainly through a set of projects and Programs carefully designed to address the immediate and basic needs of children and women, and provide them with the tools and opportunities necessary to become successful within their communities.
The foundation also manages forum discussions where it encourages everyone to bring ideas on how to solve specific problems. It has for objective to bring together everyone around the world in order to find solutions for Africa. The organization functions at the international level where employees, members, Ambassadors and board of directors live athwart the world.
UAA-Foundation also works very hard to establish credibility, build long-lasting relationships with institutions in the private sector, local community leaders, and government agencies who can assist us implement our programs thereby giving a voice to deprived and vulnerable children as well as women.
UAA-Foundation is led and supported by a multigenerational, ethnically & geographically diverse board with a variety of experience in organizational management, program development, and business development.