Grant Writer (Christmas Wishes Program)
18 people are interested
General Description: S/He will be responsible for writing proposals for our Christmas Wishes project, and ensuring a smooth and successful proposal submission process, accurate recordkeeping, and results-oriented reporting for foundations, corporations, and government.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Work with finance to gather information necessary to report to funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grants reporting as required by donors.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for grants.
- Develop an understanding of organizational history and programs; collaborate with program and membership staff to develop and communicate programming needs, outcomes, and vision.
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Promote, support, and participate in the team goals of the fund development
Introduction of Christmas Wishes Program:
Every year, UAA hosts Christmas parties for orphans and needy children in Africa to provide them and their families with food and gifts. Throughout each year, children tell us their Christmas wishes and UAA helps make these wishes become reality.
Many of the children who participate in the Christmas wish program have experienced loss of family members, hunger and the dislocation and violence of war. Like children everywhere, their wishes are simple. They want the pleasure of hugging a new favorite toy, learning a new game or learning to read a book.
33 More opportunities with UNITED AID for AFRICA. Let's help save the children and build a better tomorrow.1 Review
We'll work with your schedule.
615 S. Frederick AveSuite 310BGaithersburg, MD 20877