If you love being outdoors and giving your time to help make YOUR environment better consider volunteering for Lakeside’s River Park Conservancy this summer.
Spend some time in the great outdoors helping to maintain the sensitive habitat of the San Diego River learn about California native plants and meet new friends!
Join Watering Team that meets every Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 8am to 11:30am. (3.5 hours)
You must be able to do physical labor over natural terrain and various weather conditions.
We provide all the supplies and tools, but ask that you wear a hat, sturdy shoes and sunscreen and bring plenty of water! If you have work/garden gloves bring them! NO FLIP-FLOPS.
Community service hours verified for those that need them.
- Follow direction and safety guidelines.
- Arrive on time because the team goes into the field as a group.
- Wear out-door work shoes and clothes. Hats and sunblock are recommended.
- Bring a minimum of 32oz of water to participate.
- Must sign a wavier of liability, if under 18 years old a parent or guardian must co-sign.
- Ability to lift 40lbs, use basic tools provided and walk over natural terrain.
- Environmental Science
- Habitat Restoration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 14
- 8am to 11:30am (3.5 hours) Wed., Thurs., & Friday