GED Instructor/Adult Literacy Program
117 people are interested
Exponents, Inc. a non-profit organization, seeks energetic and committed individual(s), to work with participants in an Adult literacy Program, in anticipation of taking the High School Equivalency Examination.
1) Prepare lesson plans for Math, English, Science and Social Studies subject areas;
2) Provide group and individual instructional sessions;
3) Assess participants in areas in need of further development and provide tutoring sessions, to help enhance their skills;
4) Assist with online High School Equivalency practice questions, in preparation for taking the exam;
5) Work closely with other program staff, to help identify and recruit participants in need of adult education services;
Exponents' Adult Literacy Program is centrally located at 2 Washington Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10004. Volunteers provided with metro cards to cover the transportation cost.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
2 Washington Street4th FloorNew YorkNew York, NY 10004
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Open for discussion
- 1-2 years experience providing educational support