You can make a difference in the lives of persons with memory loss by interacting with participants in the home-like setting of North Shore Senior Center's House of Welcome Adult Day Services. Program Assistants support our staff of professionals in daily therapeutic, small-group activities such as art, music, and movement. Also provide one-on-one interaction for participants. No previous experience required. You can start by observing and then we'll provide training. We ask volunteers to commit to a morning or afternoon shift once per week.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Elder care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Morning or afternoon, once per week
- Commitment to treating all people with respect and dignity in a team environment.
- Friendly Visitors
- Escorted Transportation Services...
- Benefits Assistant/Volunteer
- Program Assistants - House of...
- Escorted Transportation Service...
- Volunteer Office Administrative...
- Program Assistants
- Social Service Support
- Social Services Program Support
- Front Desk Reception Assistants
- Gift Shop Assistant
- Cafe Assistant
- Welcome Desk Ambassador