Join the Einstein Gala Committee!
4 people are interested
Purpose: The National Museum of Nuclear Science & History seeks energetic, outgoing volunteers to help us engage the community in dialogue about science education efforts at the Museum. The Volunteer will serve as a member of the Einstein Gala Committee, who will preform tasks assigned by the Development Director and Development & Membership Associate. The Einstein Gala is the Museum's largest annual fundraising event that supports the Education Department's STEM programming.
- Be knowledgeable of, and able to articulate, the Museum's mission, programming, and purpose of the Einstein Gala
- Assist in formulating strategies and designs for the event's Silent Auction (i.e., silent action item, room layout)
- The day or day before the event, assist in setting up and staging the auction, assisting patrons during the auction, and with the auction check out process.
- Outgoing, friendly personality
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable with speaking to other on behalf of the Museum
- Dependable; ability to follow through with commitments to the Museum
- Reliable transportation
- Smart phone with ability to download and navigate "Group Me" application
- Interest in the Museum and its programming, exhibits, and activities
- Techniques for retrieving silent auction items and approaching potential donors
- "Group Me" smartphone application
- Task training as needed
The Volunteer will attend one (1) monthly committee meeting, and commit 2 - 4 additional hours of independent volunteer work per week (starting in January). Committee meetings will increase in frequency during the last 3 months leading up to the event.
In addition to the numerous intangible benefits of volunteering at the Museum, you receive:
- An invitation for the volunteer and a guest to the Volunteer Appreciation Picnic, usually held in June.
- For those volunteers who complete 100 or more hours of volunteer service annually, an invitation for the volunteer and a guest to the Annual Holiday Volunteer Party, usually held in early December.
We'll work with your schedule.
601 Eubank SEAlbuquerque, NM 87123
- Orientation or Training